With this IoT kit (and your PC or laptop) you have all the necessary components to set up a great number of fun and educational IoT projects. Since all pins of the NodeMcu ESP8266 module are already soldered, you don’t have to solder yourself and you can get started right away.
Install the free Arduino IDE and the free CH340 driver and you are ready to start your first project.
The ESP8266 is a very popular IoT microcontroller with WiFi and 4MB flash memory.
The kit includes:
- 1 x NodeMCU V3 ESP8266 WiFi Module development board, 13 GPIO pins, 1 analog input, 4MB
- 2 x 400 points breadboards
- 10 x male to male jumpers (10cm)
- 10 x male to female jumpers (10cm)
- 10 x female to female jumpers (10cm)
- 3 x switches, tactile push button: 6x6x5mm 4 pin
- 1 x potentiometer (0-10k Ohm)
- 1 x DHT11 temperature and humidity sensor
- 1 x 5V active buzzer
- 10 x 30 = 300 resistor set (10 Ohm to 1M Ohm)
- 3 x 5 LED’s: green – blue – red – yellow – white
- 1 x RGB LED
- 1 x analog light sensor
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x card: NodeMCU pinout reference map & resistor colour code map
The Arduino IDE is provided with multiple example sketches which allow you to discover gradually the possibilities of the board. There are also countless tutorials available on the web.
The NodeMCU ESP8266 module uses the CH340G USB / UART converter chip. If it has not yet been installed on your computer, you have to download it (free) and install it before connecting the module.