This kit comes with a Raspberry Pi Pico board and the essential accessories to get started.
The Raspberry Pi Pico
The Raspberry Pi Pico is a completely other type of device if you compare it with the well-known range of existing Raspberry Pi signle board computers. The Raspberry Pi Pico is based on a tiny microcontroller and is not intended to run a complete operating system. So it can’t manage multiple tasks at the same time for example.
But the Pico’s size is very small (51 x 21 mm). And it has some other interesting advantages comparing to the Raspberry Pi computers :
- the Pico can read analog signals, the classic Raspberry Pi computers can’t
- no latency when dealing with GPIO pins
- the power consumption is much lower than the single board computers
- it costs significantly less than the Raspberry Pi computers
In other words, it makes the Raspberry Pi Pico an ideal device to iteract with all kind of electronic components. Have a look at the official Raspberry Pi Pico Datasheet for a detailed description and the wide range of possibilities.
The Raspberry Pi Pico kit
This kit comes with the essential accessories to be able to discover the basics. Just connect the Raspberry Pi Pico to your PC, laptop or Raspberry Pi computer. And get started programming the Raspberry Pi Pico.
Select the option above to have the pin headers pre-soldered if you want to get going even quicker.
This starter kit includes :
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Pico board with the RP2040 microcontroller :
- Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor
- 264KB of SRAM and 2MB of on-board Flash memory
- A wide range of flexible I/O options includes I2C, SPI, and Programmable I/O (PIO)
- 2 x row headers with 20 pins (pre-soldered = optional, please select)
- 1 x USB cable
And in addition to this starter kit, you can improve your programming and electronic skills with our own online Raspberry Pi Pico tutorials. Get started smoothly and progress quickly with your projects by taking advantage of the detailed explanations, wiring diagrams and MicroPython based ready-to-use code.
This kit comes without electronic peripherals. Please have a look at our Raspberry Pi Pico starter kit if you are looking for a kit with electronic components.