This starter kit comes with a Raspberry Pi Pico and a wide range of carefully selected electronic devices.
The Raspberry Pi Pico
The Raspberry Pi Pico is a completely other type of device if you compare it with the well-known range of existing Raspberry Pi signle board computers. The Raspberry Pi Pico is based on a tiny microcontroller and is not intended to run a complete operating system. So it can’t manage multiple tasks at the same time for example.
But the Pico’s size is very small (51 x 21 mm). And it has some other interesting advantages comparing to the Raspberry Pi computers :
- the Pico can read analog signals, the classic Raspberry Pi computers can’t
- no latency when dealing with GPIO pins
- the power consumption is much lower than the single board computers
- it costs significantly less than the Raspberry Pi computers
In other words, it makes the Raspberry Pi Pico an ideal device to iteract with all kind of electronic components. Have a look at the official Raspberry Pi Pico Datasheet for a detailed description and the wide range of possibilities.
The starter kit
With this kit you have all the necessary components to set up all kinds of entertaining and educational projects. Just connect the Raspberry Pi Pico to your PC, laptop or Raspberry Pi computer. And get started programming the Raspberry Pi Pico.
Select above the option to have the pin headers pre-soldered if you want to get going even quicker.
This starter kit includes :
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Pico board with the RP2040 microcontroller :
- Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor
- 264KB of SRAM and 2MB of on-board Flash memory
- A wide range of flexible I/O options includes I2C, SPI, and Programmable I/O (PIO)
- 2 x row headers with 20 pins (pre-soldered = optional, please select)
- 1 x 400 points breadboards
- 10 x male to male jumpers (10cm)
- 10 x male to female jumpers (10cm)
- 10 x female to female jumpers (10cm)
- 1 x DHT11 temperature and humidity sensor
- 1 x 5V active buzzer
- 10 x 30 = 300 resistor set (10 Ohm to 1M Ohm)
- 3 x 5 LED’s: green – blue – red – yellow – white
- 1 x RGB LED
- 1 x analog light sensor
- 1 x HC-SR04 ultrasonic distance sensor
- 1 x HC-SR501 PIR motion sensor
- 1 x LCD1602 module, blue screen with I2C interface soldered
- 1 x LED strip WS2812B 5V 30 LED 1m
- 3 x switches, tactile push button: 6x6x5mm 4 pin
- 1 x potentiometer (0-10k Ohm)
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x card: Raspbery Pi Pico pinout reference map and resistor colour code map
And in addition to this starter kit, you can improve your programming and electronic skills with our own online Raspberry Pi Pico tutorials. Get started smoothly and progress quickly with your projects by taking advantage of the detailed explanations, wiring diagrams and MicroPython based ready-to-use code.
The kit contains all the necessary components to setup all the projects described in the book published by the Raspberry Pi Foundation ‘Get Started with MicroPython on Raspberry Pi Pico‘.