This ROCK 4C+ kit comes with the Radxa Rock 4C+ Single Board Computer (SBC) which is powered by the robust and high-performing hexa-core Rockchip RK3399-T processor along with the Arm Mali T860 GPU. Similar to the Raspberry Pi 4 B, the board comes also with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM, 2 micro-HDMI ports with up to 4Kp60 support, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0 connections.
And better than the Raspberry Pi boards, this ROCK 4C+ board has an On/Off power button. As a consequence, it makes the ROCK 4C+ an energy-efficient single board computer with outstanding reliability that can perform safe shutdowns at the touch of a button without the risk of corrupting storage.
The computer is compatible with a wide range of well-known operating systems: Debian (with desktop environment), Ubuntu (without desktop environment), Android (HDMI 4K and 2K) and LibreELEC for instance. And even if this ROCK 4C+ board is not compatible with theRaspberry Pi OS (previously called Raspbian), with the Debian OS you can run smoothly most of your favourite applications you were used to with the (also Debian based) Raspberry Pi OS : LibreOffice, Chromium Web Browser, Thonny, Node-RED, …
As a result and similar to the Raspberry Pi boards, this board’s features make it ideal for countless applications, the only limit is your imagination: home automation, multimedia server, industrial applications, retro gaming computer, web server, entry-level desktop PC, …
This Rock 4C+ kit includes :
- 1 x Rock 4C+ single board computer :
- 64 bit hexa-core Rockchip RK3399‑T SoC : Arm® big.LITTLE™ (*) dual Arm Cortex® A72 1.5GHz, quad Cortex-A53 1.0GHz
- Arm Mali™ T860MP4 GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1/3.2, Vulkan 1.0, Open CL 1.1 1.2, DX11
- 4GB 64 bit RAM : LPDDR4@3200Mb/s
- eMMC socket
- micro-SD card slot
- 2 x USB 3.0 – 2 x USB 2.0
- Gigabit Ethernet (POE with HAT)
- 40 pin GPIO expansion header, the header is 97.5% (39/40) Raspberry Pi compatible.
- 802.11 b/g/n/ac (WiFi 5) Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
- 2 x micro HDMI connections for 2 displays: 1 x 4K@60Hz (UHD) and 1 x 2K@60Hz
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1 x camera and 1 x display port
- 1 x 3D-printed Rock 4C+ case:
- the case helps heat dissipation and thereby avoids loss of performance of the processor
- cut-outs for display, camera and GPIO-cable
- DIN rail mountable with separate supports (NOT included)
- a cooling fan can be mounted (30x30x7 mm, = OPTIONAL), only necessary for intensive CPU usage
- easily mountable on the back of a monitor with our 3D-printed VESA Monitor mount (NOT included)
- 1 x heatsink for Rock 4C+ with thermal adhesive (easy to mount)
- 1 x 5V 3A (3000 mA) power supply with EU plug and USB-A female connector
- 1 x USB-A to USB-C cable
- 1 x 32 GB Class 10 Micro-SD card (select blank or your preferred OS)
- 1 x 1m HDMI cable
- 1 x 2m Cat6 network cable
All parts are super simple to assemble.
- We 3D-print our self-developed cases in our own lab. To print the cases, we use PLA, an eco-friendly raw material.
- *: Arm big.LITTLE : technology that switches automatically to high performance cores for complex tasks and power efficient cores for less intensive tasks.
- Official ROCK 4 OS images can also be downloaded from https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/downloads
- More info about the single board computer : Radxa ROCK 4C+ Product Brief