If you don’t measure your energy consumption, you can’t manage it!
Why should I monitor my energy consumption?
- To follow up the effectiveness of my energy saving actions and efforts
- It highlights faulty appliances by detecting excessive electricity consumption
- It detects water- or gas leakages
- It allows me to optimize the timing of my main energy consumers
- It improves my awareness of my energy consumption and ecological footprint
- It is an independent solution from any network operator or energy supplier
- The information is easy accessible and in real-time
- I’am able to analyse historical data from my energy consumption
- It is an easy and non-intrusive installation, no need to change my existing installation
- I can benchmark my energy consumption pattern with other similar energy consumers
- Energy costs can be allocated accurately to a specific application or process
How does it work?
Our sensors on the existing meters measure the amount of electricity, gas or water consumed. These measurements are send to a central unit which collects all the data from the different sensors. This can often be done wirelessly, which avoids cabling work and facilitates the installation.
Once all data has been gathered, the central unit sends a csv-file to the cloud. Often your WiFi network is used to make the connection with the internet. This avoids additional monthly fees to an external operator.
From your computer, you can login into our server and consult the consumption graphs or download the csv-files into your Excel spreadsheet for further analysis.
What can we measure?
We use 3 different ways to measure the electricity consumption. Depending on the existing installation, we can advise you which one is the most appropriate solution
- with an optical reader that generates a pulse every time the Ferraris disk (rotating disk) rotates.
- with current transformers on the conductors. For each phase of the conductor a current transformer is used.
- with the pulses generated by a smart meter from the network operator
On top of measuring the main supply, it is very easy to setup additional measuring points of your critical consumers (appliances) or the energy supply from your solar panel installation. This information will give you even better insights and details which will undoubtedly lead to additional energy savings.
We can measure all kind of electrical power supplies.
We use 2 different ways to measure the gas consumption. Depending on the existing installation, we can advise you which one is the most appropriate solution
- with a magnetic switch placed on the gas meter. This generates a pulse for every unit of gas consumed.
- with an optical reader that generates a pulse every time the last figures of the meter completes a full revolution.
We can measure the water consumption with a magnetic switch placed on the water meter. Most water meters generate a pulse for every unit of water consumed.
Are you interested in our solutions? Do you have questions, suggestions, ideas or wishes?
Complete the form below to request a quote, phone call or visit, without any commitment of course. We are looking forward to meet you.